Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas came upon me this week...

So my dad said one day, "Hey Theresa, you should make a deer puppet."
I thought about it, figured out how I could make the antlers, and then it suddenly hit me.
Why make just a deer puppet when I can make a Christmas REINdeer puppet.
BOOYAH! Here's what I made.




I am just so diggin' this puppet. I especially like the scarf...I'm actually thinking of making myself a scarf. And then I thought, "Well, if you're going to have a reindeer you just HAVE to have an elf." So I came up with this little guy. I'm almost finished with him. He doesn't have eyes; just shaggy bangs, because he's a bit of a rebel. And I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with the "blonde" hair or give him brown...just not sure. And I still need to make some ears for him. He actually reminds me of a thin, hairy Ziggy.

But I finally, FINALLY found some peach fleece to make "skin"...took me forever to find it. Anyway, I'll be busy making more puppets. Just wanted to show you what I was up to. I'm still trying to think of a way to make a snowman puppet. I know how to make his head, but the body is still a puzzle to me. But I'll be adding my reindeer (Reggie is his name) to my shop tomorrow. Totally cool!

So thanks for tuning in! Tootles...Theresa

3 comments:

Amy said...

I. LOVE. THOSE! Totally cute! I'm so diggin' them both! I'm also talking in exclamation points, but oh well! :)

columbiariverkids said...

Hi! I'm desperately looking for a Rudolph puppet for my 5 yr old son for Xmas (that's what he wants from Santa). Any way you can make me one??? Yours is so cute!!! Thanks.

columbiariverkids said...

Btw, you can contact me at neainsworth@hotmail.com